David Krumholtz Clarifies Status of Acting Career After Shocking Announcement: “Let it Heal”
Actor David Krumholtz has clarified that he is not retiring or quitting acting, after a viral social media post earlier this week suggested he was stepping away from the profession entirely. In a follow-up statement posted to Instagram on Wednesday, roughly 48 hours after his original comments on Threads, he said he had never used the words "retiring" or "quitting", but had instead decided to put his career "on hold" while he addresses the toll it has taken on his mental health.
Krumholtz explained that the pressures of acting had become "surprisingly oppressive" for him personally, describing the disappointments of the profession as beginning to "sting more than it used to", while stressing this was "a me problem, not a Hollywood as a whole problem". He said he needed time to heal and prioritise his family, though he indicated further work was still forthcoming. The clarification drew support from fellow actors including Jamie Lee Curtis, Jillian Bell and Neil Brown Jr., who praised his decision to protect his wellbeing.
- Krumholtz says he's not retiring, just pausing his acting career
- Cites mental health and "oppressive" pressures of the profession
- Fellow actors including Jamie Lee Curtis voiced support online