BBC DJ Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour surgery ‘went well’

← Back to the feed

BBC DJ Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour surgery ‘went well’

BBC Entertainment · 2 hours ago

BBC Radio 2 DJ Trevor Nelson has revealed he underwent surgery for a brain tumour, explaining his absence from broadcasting since June. The 62-year-old presenter had previously cited only "health issues" for taking a break, but told fans on Instagram that his "world was turned upside down" when the tumour was discovered, and that he wanted to address speculation about his condition directly.

Nelson said the surgery "went incredibly well" and that he has spent the past month at home recuperating and undergoing post-operative treatment. He now says he feels "energised and almost back to myself" and is keen to return to work, having also resumed hobbies such as golf and the gym. Colleagues including Zoe Ball, Clara Amfo and Romesh Ranganathan sent messages of support, while Brain Tumour Research noted that 35 people are diagnosed with a brain tumour every day in the UK. Nelson, who joined the BBC in 1996 and marked 30 years with the corporation this year, presents a weekday afternoon show on Radio 2 and a Sunday show on 1Xtra.

  • Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour diagnosis behind recent work absence
  • Says surgery went well and he's recovering at home
  • BBC colleagues and Brain Tumour Research charity send support

Business Entertainment Markets

Read the full article at the source →