Donald Trump Jr says evidence in Tyler Robinson preliminary hearing ‘more cut and dry’ than he thought

← Back to the feed

Donald Trump Jr says evidence in Tyler Robinson preliminary hearing ‘more cut and dry’ than he thought

Fox News · 1 month ago

Donald Trump Jr. said on Tuesday that the evidence presented at the preliminary hearing for Tyler Robinson, the man accused of assassinating Turning Point USA co-founder Charlie Kirk, was "much more cut and dry" than he had expected. Having attended the hearing in person, the president's eldest son said newly released surveillance footage and witness testimony left little doubt in his mind about the prosecution's case, and he expressed confidence that Robinson would ultimately be found guilty.

Robinson's preliminary hearing began on Monday and is expected to last all week, with prosecutors seeking to establish probable cause for the judge to allow the case to proceed to trial. Robinson faces a range of charges, including aggravated murder, which carries a potential death penalty; he is accused of fatally shooting the 31-year-old Kirk during a Turning Point USA event at Utah Valley University on 10 September last year. Trump Jr. said he attended the hearing to support Kirk's legacy, as well as his widow, Erika, and his parents, adding that he wanted to see the evidence firsthand after previously declining to comment publicly on the case.

World

Read the full article at the source →