Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour diagnosis after undergoing “very serious surgery”

← Back to the feed

Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour diagnosis after undergoing “very serious surgery”

NME · 2 hours ago

BBC Radio 2 and 1Xtra presenter Trevor Nelson has revealed he was diagnosed with a brain tumour and underwent "very serious surgery", which he said went "incredibly well". Nelson had announced in June that he was stepping back from his broadcasting commitments due to illness, but had not disclosed the nature of his condition until now, saying he decided to speak out after widespread speculation and support from listeners.

In an Instagram video posted on 20 August, Nelson explained that a routine check-up led to further tests that uncovered the tumour, describing the news as a shock to himself and his family. He said the operation had gone well and that he now felt "energised" and "raring to go", adding he expects to return to the airwaves "very, very soon". Colleagues including Clara Amfo and Craig David offered messages of support, and Nelson, who marked 30 years at the BBC earlier in 2026, previously presented a weekday afternoon show on Radio 2 and a Sunday morning slot on 1Xtra.

  • Trevor Nelson reveals brain tumour diagnosis after "very serious" surgery
  • Surgery went "incredibly well"; he feels ready to return to radio
  • Stepped back from BBC Radio 2/1Xtra duties in June 2026

Americas World

Read the full article at the source →