King Charles withdraws Buckingham Palace accommodation offer to Prince Harry

← Back to the feed

King Charles withdraws Buckingham Palace accommodation offer to Prince Harry

Daily Mail · 1 month ago

King Charles has withdrawn an offer of accommodation at Buckingham Palace to Prince Harry, according to the Daily Mail's royal editor Rebecca English, after what a source described as weeks of "flip-flopping" and repeated public briefings by the Duke of Sussex's team. The article says the King's patience broke not over personal embarrassment but over the "disruption and disrespect" caused to Palace staff, who had been repeatedly put on standby and stood down. It matters as the latest flashpoint in the long-running rift between Harry and the rest of the Royal Family, coming amid hopes of a possible reconciliation.

According to the piece, the Palace was willing to prepare rooms despite the building being a construction site until next year, but after Harry rejected the offer on Saturday morning and then requested the rooms hours later, the King reportedly told him directly it was "too late" at 48 hours' notice. The article notes an unspecified further "complexity" that could have affected the King's constitutional position, and links the timing to a High Court judgment due in Harry's case against Associated Newspapers, publishers of the Mail. Harry's spokesman called the withdrawal "disappointing", while his team blamed last-minute uncertainty over security after the RAVEC committee declined to reinstate his full-time protection. The visit centres on official engagements, including a Midlands event marking the countdown to next year's Invictus Games. The account is drawn largely from the Mail's own reporting and unnamed royal sources.

World

Read the full article at the source →

Originally published by Daily Mail as “Why the King’s patience finally snapped after Harry’s endless flip-flopping on Palace stay: REBECCA ENGLISH reveals how Charles was pushed to breaking point by ‘chaos, disruption and disrespect’”.