-
Ex-Senator Kyrsten Sinema prepares to testify against bodyguard boyfriend’s ex-WIFE with thousands on the line in ‘homewrecker’ lawsuit
Former US Senator Kyrsten Sinema is preparing to testify in a civil lawsuit involving her current boyfriend’s ex-wife, a case reportedly centred on ‘homewrecker’ claims and a financial dispute running into the thousands of dollars. The dispute stems from Sinema’s relationship with a man who previously worked as her bodyguard, drawing renewed public attention to…
-
Movie Academy Foundation Board Re-Elects Kim Taylor-Coleman As President; Other Officers & Members Set
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has re-elected casting director Kim Taylor-Coleman as president of its Academy Foundation Board for the 2026-27 term. The Foundation oversees AMPAS’s educational, preservation and cultural work, including talent development programmes, the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, the Margaret Herrick Library, the Academy Film Archive and the Academy…
-
How a stuffed blue bunny got caught in the Max Miller feud
Rep. Max Miller (R-Ohio) is fending off mounting calls for his resignation over allegations of domestic violence against his ex-wife and daughter. Emily Moreno, the daughter of Sen. Bernie Moreno (R-Ohio), has made accusations that Miller held a gun to her head and broke their two-year-old daughter’s collarbone, among other abuses that the congressman has…
-
Alsobrooks introducing legislation to exempt school supplies from Trump tariffs
Democratic Sen. Angela Alsobrooks (Md.) on Thursday will introduce legislation to exempt school supplies from President Trump’s tariffs, as families nationwide prepare for the start of a new academic year. The bill, titled the Back-to-School Supplies Affordability Act, proposes shielding school supplies from tariffs Trump has imposed since returning to office. Qualifying supplies include backpacks,…
-
London mayor Sadiq Khan hits out at Westminster Council’s controversial plans to prevent new venues “offering music, dancing and similar entertainment” in Soho
“You can’t run a world-famous nightlife district with a village-hall mindset” The post London mayor Sadiq Khan hits out at Westminster Council’s controversial plans to prevent new venues “offering music, dancing and similar entertainment” in Soho appeared first on NME.
-
Rubio targets Cuban military procurement with new sanctions
Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Thursday sanctioned five Cuban entities and eight individuals with ties to Havana’s military procurement as the Trump administration ramps up efforts to rearrange the country’s communist government system. “The Cuban Communist regime is a state sponsor of terrorism that spies on America, arms violent left-wing radicals, spreads poisonous Marxist…
-
Trump pays yet another energy company to give up offshore wind rights
The Trump administration is paying yet another company more than $1 billion to give up the rights to produce wind off the U.S. coast, the firm announced Thursday. RWE U.S. Offshore, a subsidiary of German energy company RWE, issued a press release saying it will receive $1.22 billion in settlement funds and give up its rights to…
-
Judge Pauses Order For Trump To Hand Over Financial Records To BBC
A US federal judge has temporarily blocked an order requiring Donald Trump’s trust to hand over financial records to the BBC, as part of Trump’s $10 billion defamation lawsuit against the broadcaster. The pause comes after Trump’s legal team signalled it no longer intends to pursue damages tied to alleged harm to his businesses and…
-
Pentagon says no white phosphorus leak at South Korea air base
A U.S. military investigation found that there was no white phosphorus leak at an American military base in South Korea late last month, an episode that prompted local authorities to briefly order civilians to evacuate the immediate area. Officials in Pyeongtaek, just south of Seoul, on July 28 said residents close to Osan Air Base should move…
-
Preakness Stakes moves to a Sunday for the first time ever in major Triple Crown shakeup
The Preakness Stakes is set to move to a Sunday for the first time in its history, part of a major overhaul of horse racing’s Triple Crown schedule due to take effect in 2027. The change follows growing frustration in the sport after recent Kentucky Derby winners repeatedly skipped the Preakness, undermining the traditional three-race…